Skunk Trapping Removal – Animal Removal Services Of Virginia
Do you need skunk trapping removal services in Henrico, Glen Allen, Richmond, Midlothian or Charlottesville Virginia? Skunks turning over your garbage cans making a mess? Skunks living under your garage, porch or deck? Have skunks sprayed your dog? We are your local skunk removal experts.!
Animal Removal Services Of Virginia – Humane Skunk Trapping Removal Experts
Do you need a Virginia nuisance skunk trapping removal service? You most certainly do if you have seen skunks entering an area of your home. In time, those Virginia skunks will make a mess and a strong odor. Also, a skunk may burrow under your porch or buildings by entering any available openings. Garbage left outside are the perfect food source for hungry Virginia skunks. Furthermore, if you have beehives, a skunk may damage your beehive by feeding on your bees. In addition, skunks may kill your chickens and eat the eggs by digging under fences enclosing your chickens.Our Virginia Skunk Trapping Removal Experts can handle your nuisance skunk problem if you call us at (804) 729-9103.
Skunks, striped and spotted, live throughout Virginia. But, the spotted skunk is found only in the western part of Virginia. Generally, the striped skunk lives in the eastern half of the state. Furthermore, they both prefer bushy fields, and forest borders.
Many people who call us are surprised that they think skunks are living in some area of their home, buildings, or near their property. Often our clients think this after skunks have produced a number of damaged areas. Our clients will notice lots of holes in their lawn or flower beds. In general, these holes are a sign of nuisance skunks digging up the ground looking for grubs. Seldom seen during the day, skunks are night critters who will also visit your garden looking for food crops close to the ground. We suggest you call our skunk trapping removal experts at (804) 729-9103 and avoid these difficulties.
Skunks will den under your home, deck, garages and other structures near your home. Your problems will multiply when all of a sudden 4 to 6 babies are born off property and in time start following the mother onto your property during the colder months. Also, some skunk litters have been over 10!
If you start having problems with skunks Animal Removal Services Of Virginia Humane Skunk Trapping Removal will work our magic. We’ll make sure we get all the skunks out of your buildings and then seal off all access points. At times, we may cover these areas with with thick wire mesh, sheet metal, or even concrete. Sometimes, we have to bury fencing 1 1/2 to 2 feet in areas where skunks can gain access by digging. If you have poultry we’ll seal all ground-level openings where the poultry are housed. Animal Removal Services Of Virginia Humane Skunks Trapping Removal Experts will make sure that all skunk access opening will get closed and we guarantee it! .
Skunks can carry rabies. If you see any skunk behaving oddly or appears sick avoid it. Rabies signs are disorientation, impaired movement, stumbling, aggressiveness, strange sounds, excess salivation, or strangely friendly behavior. If you see these behavior, avoid the animal and give us a call and we’ll tell you what to do.
Virginia Skunk Insights – Brought To You By Your Friends At Animal Removal Services of Virginia
Ways To Prevent Skunks From Creating Problems For You
The biggests problems that skunks create center around denning under buildings, digging up lawns looking for insects like grubs, raiding beehives and chicken coups, or getting stuck in window wells. Skunks move around mostly at night but they also move around during the day in many areas. Of course, their need for food brings them into your area whether it be the city or the country. Often skunks arrive at your property not only looking for food but a place to den. Furthermore, when searching for a den, skunks will go under porches, crawl spaces, sheds, barns or garages. So, do you want nuisance Virginian skunks out of your life? Call us now at (804) 729-9103 .
So you really want skunk problems? Go ahead keep feeding the skunks. You’ll soon have more skunks than you want roaming your property and getting into your buildings and potentially causing thousands of dollars in damage.
Follow Our Tips For Keeping Skunks Away
- If you are feeding skunks, stop. A skunk will lose its fear of humans if you feed them and will remain on your property
- Keep all trash inside until the day of trash truck comes. Or, if left outside put your trash in a skunk proof container.
- Also, don’t leave pet food outdoors. If you feed your pet outside keep the area where they eat clean.
- Skunks love bird feeders full of seed, especially sunflower seeds. Make sure they are skunk proofed so they can’t be reached.
- In addition, close any opening into and under any buildings
- Habitat modification needs to be done if trees overhang your buildings. Both tree trimming and tree cutting may be a solution.
- If your have fruit trees then clear away the fruit that has fallen onto the ground.
- Also an electric fence can keep skunks out of your garden and buildings like chicken coups. Skunks love chicken eggs and will eat a chicken,
- If you have beehives makes ure they are protected because skunks will raid the hive so they can eat the bees.
- Also don’t forget you can’t trap and relocate an animal off your property. If you do you are breaking Virginia law!
- Finally, if you see a skunk stumbling, foaming at the mouth, or displaying aggression it may have rabies so stay away. You can contact Animal Removal Services Of Virginia at (804) 729-9103 and we’ll give you the proper advice.
It is illegal to import, own and/or keep a skunk in Virginia. If you find a baby skunk and it appears to be friendly please leave it alone. It’s mother is probably near. You don’t want these little critters to lose their fear of humans. Please don’t pet skunks even though they can be mighty cute. You’re not doing these little critters any favor by doing so.