Bird Control and Deterrence Services – Animal Removal Services Of Virginia
In need of bird control or deterrence? Are birds creating problems around your home, buildings or business? Animal Removal Services Of Virginia experts provide bird control and deterrence throughout Virginia!
Animal Removal Services Of Virginia – Bird Removal and Deterrence Experts
Animal Removal Services of Virginia specializes in bird control and deterrence. These services include removing birds in vents, pigeon control, bird netting and bird spiking. Pigeons, European starlings, house sparrows, woodpeckers and chimney swifts create the most problems for Virginia residents. Care must be taken in any control efforts since local ordinance may limit what we can do. But, even with limitations Animal Removal Services of Virginia know what bird control and deterrence techniques will work.
There are several ways we control pigeons, European starlings, house sparrows, woodpeckers and chimney swifts, with the most effective being a mixture of techniques. Also, Animal Removal Services of Virginia provides nuisance bird removal and deterrence for more than personal homes. Furthermore, we service businesses, property managers, homeowners associations, timber companies, and municipalities. Please, call us today at (804) 729-9103 and let us help you with your nuisance bird removal problems.
Animal Removal Services of Virginia provides nuisance bird removal deterrence services throughout Virginia including Albemarle, Goochland, Fluvanna, Powhatan, Louisa, Henrico, and Hanover Counties as well as the Cities of Charlottesville and Richmond.
Virginia Nuisance Bird Removal Damage And Health Concerns
Bird Damage In Virginia
Bird droppings deface and accelerate the deterioration of your home buildings. Of course, this increases the cost of maintenance. Also, large amounts of droppings may kill your vegetation and produce unpleasant odors. Bird manure deposited on your benches, statues, cars, and your guests creates unpleasant situations. In addition, if you have a garden birds consume and contaminate large quantities of food destined for your table.
Also, if you live around airports, birds can be a threat of potential bird-aircraft collisions. So, if you do have a large number of birds gathering you definitely want to address this issue.
Human Health Concerns From Birds In Virginia
Birds can carry and spread diseases to people and livestock through their droppings. Also, they are known to carry or transmit ornithosis, encephalitis, Newcastle disease, cryptococcosis, toxoplasmosis, salmonella food poisoning, and several other diseases. Additionally, under the right conditions bird manure may harbor airborne spores of the causal agent of histoplasmosis, a systemic fungus disease that can infect humans.
The ectoparasites of some birds include various species of fleas, lice, mites, ticks, and other biting insects, some of which readily bite people. Some insects that inhabit the nests of birds are also fabric pests and/or pantry pests. The northern fowl mite found on pigeons is an important poultry pest.
Because birds live in such close association with humans, they are a factor in passing on numerous disease, parasites and insect pests. Some of the diseases include chlamydiosis, coccidiosis, erysipeloid, Newcastle’s, parathypoid, pullorum, salmonellosis, transmissible gastroenteritis, tuberculosis, various encephalitis viruses, vibriosis, and yersinosis. Parasites include internal parasites (acariasis, schistosomiasis, taeniasis, toxoplasmosis, and trichomoniasis). Also household insect pests include bed bugs, carpet beetles, clothes moths, fleas, lice, mites, and ticks. (Source: Prevention and Control of Wildlife Damage — 1994)
Animal Removal Services of Virginia have no difficulty identifying your bird problems. But, if you notice anything odd, like an increase of birds flying or roosting around the house, bird droppings on your car or patio furniture , then you have a bird problem and need bird control. Call Us At (804) 729-9103.
Birds In Virginia – What Works for Pest Bird Control
Virginia Bird Prevention
- Remove or reduce standing water in places where pest nuisance birds feed.
- Make sure your trash cans stay covered and those areas remain clean
- Feeding pest nuisance birds is a no no!
- Also, cut back trees from your home and buildings; and definitely prune trees that attract pest bird nesting.
- In addition, add spikes, sticky glues or a Bird Banisher where pest nuisance birds roost.
- Make sure your gutters remain clean which prevents water from gathering.
- Stop using feeders during warm weather as they will attract pest nuisance birds
Virginia Bird Exclusion
- Always caulk or seal openings where small pest nuisance birds enter. Sparrows can enter openings 3/4 inch, and starlings enter one-inch openings.
- Also, cover vent, eave, and loft openings with plywood, 1/4-inch wire mesh, or netting.
- In addition, door strips (clear, plastic strips hung from door frames) prevent bird entering but won’t you from entering.
Virginia Bird Control Products
- Use nylon or plastic netting at the bottom of rafters will close areas to birds.
- Also, place spiky wires where birds land and roost.
- In addition, sticky, non-toxic repellents can be placed on ledges to discourage bird landing and roosting. Also, professional bird banishers work in most instances.
- Furthermore, live traps will not endangering non-target birds. If caught then they can be released without harm.
- Also, removing nests can help reduce violating birds.
- Where permitted, shooting can be effective for flock reduction or dispersal. But we prefer a more humane approach.
- Finally, we suggest calling Animal Removal Services of Virginia, your nuisance bird removal nuisance professional. We have the knowledge, expertise, and professional nuisance bird removal product experts.