Birds In Vents
During the Spring and Summer months, European Starlings enter the bathroom vents and dryer vents of homes to build their nest and raise their young. This can be annoying to homeowners and poses a potential risk of fire.
Homes in Henrico, Richmond, Glen Allen, Midlothian and Charlottesville Virginia regularly seek out our bird removal and control services to get rid of birds in vents and other problems caused by this invasive bird species.
Starlings do not build circular shaped nests like most birds. Instead, they pack the ductwork of dryer and bathroom vents with tightly packed grass and straw nesting materials that creates a fire hazard, reduces the efficiency of dryers and exhaust fans, and shortens the lifespan of appliances.
These birds are also carriers of bird mites and can cause really offensive odors in the vents. We have also seen starlings come in contact with fan blades and motors resulting in their untimely death and damage to exhaust fans and dryer motors.
Bird Control Steps:
- Inspect the bathroom and dryer vents for the presence of birds, eggs and nesting materials.
- Clear the ductwork to help prevent fires and return normal exhaust airflow.
- Clean and sanitize the ductwork if necessary.
- Treat for bird mites if necessary.
- Install a new exhaust hood and line if needed.
- Install a bathroom or dryer bird guard to keep the problem from occurring again.
The best way to solve your bird problem is the hire a local bird remove company like Virginia Professional Wildlife Removal Services, LLC. We will quickly unplug your vents, evict your bird pests and make sure the problem doesn’t reoccur. Our work is backed with our industry leading guarantee.
Call us today at (804) 729-9103 or visit our website for additional information on bird removal in Henrico, Glen Allen, Midlothian, Richmond and Charlottesville Virginia.